For Young & Aged Red Wines with Colour and Structure.
High alcohol tolerance up to 16% ABV.
5g Sachet Makes 4.5L-23L.
Fermentation temperature range: 20 to 30C.
Imported from USA.
10x Sachets LALVIN RC 212 Dried Active Yeast
For Red Wines with Colour and Structure
Lalvin Bourgorouge RC212
(Saccharomyces cerevisiae cerevisiae)
5g Sachet - Treats 4.5L-23L (1 to 5 Gallons)
Lalvin are probably the best yeast in the world. They are
definitely the most popular yeast in the world.
Lalvin RC 212 is an excellent choice for both Youngs & aged red
• Neutral to the competitive factor
• Alcohol tolerance up to 16%
• Average lag phase
• Moderate fermentation rate
• Optimal range of fermentation
• temperatures: between 20°C to 30°C
• High requirement in assimilable nitrogen
• Production of volatile acidity: low
• Low SO2 production
• No foam formation
• Low cell wall absorption of polyphenols
This strain was selected from fermentations produced in the
Burgundy region of France.
It was selected for its ability to ferment a traditional
heavier-style Burgundian Pinot Noir.
We carry the full range of Lalvin products
(by Lallemand) 067031000140
10x Lalvin RC 212 Yeast Red Wine 5g Homebrew Wine Making 4.5L-23L Pinot Noir